Monday 25 January 2016

Syn free Slimming World roast potatoes

I love a good Sunday roast, especially the roast potatoes. I've found a way to make them syn free, and it's super easy. Everyone I've made them for loves them, I even made them for Christmas dinner!


You will need
Potatoes (I find Charlotte potatoes work best)
Sunflower fry light/Low calorie cooking spray
Garlic fry light/Low calorie cooking spray (optional)
Sea salt
Pepper (optional)

  1. Peel & chop the potatoes to the desired size. I find just halving them works great.
  2. Par boil them for approximately 7 minutes in slightly salted water.
  3. Drain the potatoes and give them a good shake in the colander to rough up the edges. (You can put them to one side until you're ready to cook or just continue)
  4. Spray a baking try with sunflower fry light and lay the par boiled potatoes on the train. Spray more sunflower fry light to coat the potatoes. I choose to spray a light coating of garlic fry light for flavour. You could use ground up garlic or any herbs you choose.
  5. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper to season. 
  6. Bake for 45 minutes at 190 degrees (this is in a fan oven so increase times and temperature to suit your oven).
  7. Give them a shake half way through so they cook evenly. Cook until they are nice and crispy!
I use this same recipe to make wedges. Like me, you can experiment with herbs and seasoning. My favourite so far is garlic & herbs.


Happy cooking!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment