Monday 8 February 2016

Skincare routine


My skin care is a bit of a hit and miss. I'd like to say I'm really good at remembering to take my make up off every night but I'm not. So this is what I do actually try to do.


When I do remember to take my make up off and I'm feeling a bit lazy, I use a face wipe to remove as much of my make up as I can. I'm not too fussy when it comes to face wipes. I tend to buy whatever is on offer at the time. Currently I've been using Superdrug's cleansing face wipes for combination skin. Once most of my make up is removed, using a cotton wool pad, I use Micellar water to cleanse and tone. I may repeat this a few times until I feel all my make up is gone. At the moment I'm using Garnier's Micellar cleansing water for combination & sensitive skin. My skin can be quite oily at times, then dry at others. I try to use products designed for combination skin where I can.


If I'm feeling less lazy or my skin needs a good cleanse, I use my Lab sonic face brush with Neutrogena's visibly clear pore & shine face scrub. The scrub is designed to minimize pores and give the skin a more matte look. I use my face brush to really exfoliate the skin and give my face a good deep cleanse. When I'm really on top of my skin care and have used my face brush a few days in a row, I really notice how clear and fresh my skin is. Ideally, I should be using the brush twice daily but who has time for that? The brush comes with a set of attachments including one to help apply moisturiser.


Once a week, usually a Sunday night whilst I'm cleaning my make up brushes, I like to give my skin a treat. I use this quick fix facial mask for oily & spot prone skin. It comes in a tube with approximately 10 facials in. You can use what you need and then put it way until you need it again. Then I use a nose pore strip to clean out my pores across my nose as I find I always get little blackheads across there.Then, after all that I use micellar water on my face to finish.

I'd love to be better when it comes to all this but I'm just too lazy. But it does feel nice when I keep on mictop of it to know my skin is getting some TLC!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment